Re: [OM] Scotland

Subject: Re: [OM] Scotland
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 09:09:19 GMT
On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 14:44:03 -0400, Tomoko wrote:

>I am going to be one of 98 people touring Scotland in August.  Our main goal
>is to sing.  Since I am one of 35+ singers, my time is more limited than the
>others on this tour of Scotland for two weeks.

(Snipped)

>I am looking for useful inputs from the group regarding Scotland.  Any
>tips applicable to photography in Scotland will be appreciated.
>I plan to take both the OM-4T and the OM-2000.  The two lenses, a 85mm/2 and
>a 35mm/2.8 shift, will be included, but the rest I have not decided.

Be prepared for the most wonderful views in the UK (and that comes
from a *Welshman* !). That applies particularly in the north west
(Fort William, Iona, Skye). I do suggest you take a 24 or 21mm if you
have, or can borrow, one together with a polariser. Having said that
we're having some very unusual and unseasonal weather in the UK at
this time, so there may not be many blue skies! Even so, the
"atmosphere" of angry Scottish skies can be quite stunning. If you
have any choice, try to use the "back road" from Fort William to
Inverness (turn onto the B862 road at Fort Augustus).

As someone else posted, you might get bitten by the infamous Scottish
"midgies", especially in the west, so insect repellant would be a good
idea.

Hope you have a great time in a lovely country.

Regards

--
John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)