[OM] Jammed OM-10 - Please help!! Pt2

Subject: [OM] Jammed OM-10 - Please help!! Pt2
From: Konrad Pizzuto <pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 05:30:13 -0700
Following your advice (John of Camtech) I managed to restore the button
on my girlfriend's OM-10 to its working position.  The problem is that
once the shutter is fired, it blocks again.

If you could help me once again, here is a short diagnoses:
That long lever thingy that crosses from side to side: once it moves
right it seems to NOT spring back enough to restore the button to its
upright position.

I found some oil-like stuff on that oval-flywheel-sort-of-cogwheel
thingy  on the left hand side as you hold the lens away from you.  Is
that meant to be there?  On my om-10 it was clean, but I did not dare
clean of the grease.

Also, there is a notch that falls into a sort of u-shaped groove, thus
restoring the button.  The notch seems to stick just at the top of the
"valley" so to speak, and does not fall into its place.

Now, one last thing.  The small white plastic block at the right hand
side, to which the long grey lever is sort of couple to or something...
does that supply some springing action, or rather, is it meant to supply
some springing action????

Anyway, assuming you can follow what I described above... what action
can I take to possibly restore the camera to working order.  Can I spray
WD-40 or something similar or not?  The linkage seems intact, so that
should not be broken or anything like that.  Is it simply a
lubrification problem...  since you said not to use lubricants with the
lens blade on a 50mm, once, I assumed, for now, that I was not meant to
lubricate.  So, do I spray some WD-40 or not??

Thanks so much for your patience and help...

regards

Konrad
--
<hr>