Re: [OM] OM-1 Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Batteries
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 23:34:49 -0400
They may have just put a resistor in to drop the 1.55v to 1.35v.  The big
problem with the 625A and 625U battery is that as soon as you start to use it,
the voltage starts to drop.
I don't modify the 1 for the alkaline battery anymore as it is unreliable.  I DO
modify the camera to take the STABLE 1.5V silver oxide battery.  I  also modify
the circuit to drop the voltage to 1.35V.
It is possible that the OM-2 meter is off (they tend to read about a half stop
high).  You must use silver oxide batteries with the 2 .  Alkaline or lithium
batteries create an error of up to 3 stops.

John