Re: [OM] OM Links for list pages

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Links for list pages
From: "John Gardner" <vu49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:05:29 +0100
JP,

Game, set and match to you.

I think George wanted to say this but was getting somewhat goaded by our
fledgling Olympian. I have to confess I went to wolfnet.com and was
suprised to find it extolled the virtues of C*n*n but I thought I was
missing something. They are nice pics but to be honest they would have
little to do with an Olympus user Group list.

Windsor reckons its up to Shawn what we link to but surely the sites must
have something to do with Olympus? After all, I am unable to contribute
anything to the C*n*n owner's club magazine because I don't use a C*n*n
body (lenses can be non OEM). I think that these rules should apply to any
sites we promote.

John

----------
> From: John Petrush <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] OM Links for list pages
> Date: 08 July 1998 3:45 am
>
> I too visited your website, a site I would otherwise never know existed
were
> it not for the request to link to it posted in this list.  Nice work; you
> are obviously quite talented.  I read the first salvo of message
exchanges
> with a raised eyebrow, and re-visited your site.  I must say I find the
new
> reference to Olympus a bit juvenile, but I find the parenthetical remark,
"
> (just for you George!) " uncalled for, non-humorous and generally
offensive.
> Bad form.  To further George's point of "I don't see the keyword
> Olympus....", I further investigated the html source for your page to
review
> the meta tags, reproduced here for the reader's convienence:
>
> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="photography, web design, creative, photos,
> b&w, images, camera,
> internet, computer images, design, photo, pictures, landscape
photography,
> photography
> technique, photo technique, good photography, color photography,
> photographer, photo art,
> photography for sale, beautiful photography, beautiful scenery, photos in
> washington state,
> washington state photographer, seattle photographer, scenery in
washington
> state, computer and
> photography, web design services, web design business, graphic design
> business, web page design,
> cutting edge design, canon, washington, seattle, polaroid, film, slide
film,
> kodak, velvia">
>
> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="an excellent web site with an emphasis
> on graphic design, typography, and photography">
>
> Now I may not be the most street smart fella on the block, but I dare say
> ol' George is spot on in his observation, nary a waft of reference to
> Olympus, OM, Zuiko - nothing.  Furthermore, I know how important a good
> key-word list and lots of cross links to one's website are.  It builds up
> the all important hit count. My feeling on this one of being used.  Its
not
> that your stuff isn't good, it is.  I wish my stuff were as striking.
But