Re: [OM] american trip

Subject: Re: [OM] american trip
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 03:01:56 EDT
Hi Marc:

> In our itinerary : Los Angeles-San Diego-Lake Havasu-Grand Canyon-Lake
>  > Powell-Bryce Canyon?
>  > Las Vegas (only for one night and we are not gamblers?) Death Valley
>  > (?)-Sequoia Park-Yosemite-San Francisco-Santa Margarita and back in Los
>  > Angeles.

At this time of the year, I'd go from San Diego straight to Las Vegas (perhaps
 via Joshua Tree N.P.), then up into Utah, incl. North Rim of Grand Canyon.
 I'd stick to higher elevations, like in Zion, Bryce Canyon and Cedar Breaks.
 (The deserts are now rather bleak looking).  Then I'd marathon drive west to
 Mono Lake and Tioga Pass (Yosemite).  Don't overlook Bodie (north of Mono
 Lake) for fine ghost town photography).

I'll gladly give up my attempts of Lake Havasu/London Bridge photography!

Call while in Vegas.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV