Re: [OM] american trip

Subject: Re: [OM] american trip
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 20:09:10 +0100
George,

it's your country and I am sure that you know it better than I, but please
forgive
me if I put in my sixpenny-worth - the European perspective.

The natural sights are gorgeous, the man-made ones can be, to some people's
eyes,
almost grotesque.  If you go to the Strip in Las Vegas in the dark it is
fantastic
(I use the word advisedly), but awful in the daytime.  If you visit Los Angeles
you
will wonder at the size and variety of the city, but it is only a city and you
might question why so many films are made of scenes from the place.

I do yearn, however, to visit San Francisco because I enjoyed San Diego ... but
that may have been because the USAF pilots who took me there knew the places to
go
to party ;-) And, we arrived on a Thursday night at Miramar Naval Air Station
(or
was it Wednesday?)

But whatever you think of man-made sights, one thing is certain: there is NO
shortage of exciting subjects to photograph and I wish I were going with you.

Chris