Re: [OM] New archive format, search coming soon...

Subject: Re: [OM] New archive format, search coming soon...
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 21:16:05 -0400
Shawn,

This is a vast improvement :-).  Its not an Excite-like search engine, but
it surely is a great leap forward.  I would suppose by "a while to crunch
all the messages", you have some sort of utility program that accepts all
the individual messages as input, converts the text to html and then creates
the links, but has no other formatting or editing capabilities.  This is my
kinda longwinded way of asking if there is an automated way to remove the
footers?  Its certainly not worth any manual effort, but if they can be
programatically removed "for free", it would be another improvement.  As it
is, there is a space reserved for a new bookmark in my browser.

John P

Shawn Wright <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> asked:

It takes quite a while to crunch all the messages, so I'd like to hear any
feedback on format, etc., before proceeding with the remainder.