Re: [OM] Looking for T28 Macro Twin Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for T28 Macro Twin Flash
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 16:48:00 -0400
I have not had the twin T-28 very long.  My spouse asked me to shoot her
Wade figurine collection.  I used the Twin T-28, one lamp left alone and the
other with the wide angle diffuser from the T-32 filter kit fastened to it.
The filter served two purposes   1.  it softened the flash from that lamp
head and  2.  it gave me a more modeled appearance because that head was
effectively a lower output now.  With the figurines, the contours looked
better without any harsh shadows.  My next attempt will be diffuser on the
key light and an ND filter on the fill side.  There were still some unwanted
highlight reflections on some of the glossier pieces; I'm still working on
that part......

I use both the model lights and flash in this setup.  The modeling lamps
give a fair, but not 100% accurate preview of the final result.  But, it
sure beats 100 0uesswork!

John P