Re: [OM] Looking for T28 Macro Twin Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for T28 Macro Twin Flash
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 13:49:23 -0400
Kerry Dressler <bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wondered:

>He showed me this Macro Flash setup, and now I'll never rest until I get
>one of my own..  so,  does anyone on this list have and want to part with:
>
>T-28 Twin Flash,
>T-Power Control,
>Macro Flash Shoe Ring
>and the 6V battery Pack #1 or #2?  Any or all?
>
>I had never seen this in action, and the modeling lamps are to die for!

I'll leave my spouse instructions to call you after I'm dead and buried.
Seriously Kerry, I too looked high and low for exactly this list of items.
I finally bit the bullet and call B&H.  Ouch!  I hope you fare better than I
in finding a bargin.  One thing I did learn, and may be able to help a
little, is the 6V battery pack is outrageously overpriced for what it does.
I fabricated a second unit from off the shelf parts and about an hour's
worth of cutting and soldering for less than $20.  Not as pretty, lacks the
leather case for carrying, and has Radio Shack logos instead of Olympus ones
<g>; but it works fine and delivers equal results.  If useful to you, please
contact me privately.

And yes, the modeling lights are just magic.  With an ND or diffuser from
the T-32 filter kit, or just some translucent and opaque paper and tape, the
control over the light is so fine.  Nice :-).

BTW - wasn't it great fun to actually meet a list member?  I've not met any
of these fine folks but have met people from other lists.  Makes for a
terrific day.  I think it is nearing time for an east coast Oly fest.  I
hear the Orlando airport has excellent connections from all over......hint,
hint......

John P