Re: [OM] OM4Ti meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti meter
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 22:02:07 EDT
In a message dated 7/1/98 12:55:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lindertv@xxxxxxx
writes:
<< On Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:19:25 +0800, "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
 snip...snip
 >Load your 4Ti with a piece of film, focus on a blank wall, adjust the
 >aperture to let the exposure fall to below 1/60s. Set the memory on, note
 >the reading on shutter speed. Fire the camera and check the memorized
 >reading again. I think you will see around 1/3 to 1 stop different.
 >C.H.Ling
 I don't know if this could be a clue to the solution of the problem,
 but I have a thought on this.
 The memory function of the OM-4T serves the purpose of repeating the
 same exposure that was made before.
 There are two metering circuits in the camera, one ( active before
 exposure) giving an indication in the viewfinder display of what
 exposure time will be used and the second (activated during exposure)
 for the 'real' exposure time measured off the film.
 Of course it is the second measurement that you want to be memorized
 for repating an exposure that has been made.
 Is it possible that the viewfinder display circuit is intelligent
 enough to show (when in memory mode) the values of the exposure that
 has just been made rather than repeating the earlier estimate from
 before exposure?
 Frank van Lindert >>

WELL DONE FRANK !!!!
BW