Re: [OM] OM4Ti meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti meter
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:19:25 +0800
I also have some problem with my OM4Ti, the auto mode at 1/60s or below
have 2/3 stop to 1 stop over (OTF mode) depends on the film used. The
camera was checked by the OM service center in Hong Kong, they said the
exposure were okay. Then I show him how I observed this problem. He play
for a while and take another OM4Ti for comparison. The same problem happen
and he told me this is the first time he found this problem (he has been
servicing OM camera for more than 20 years), he had no idea on what is
wrong. So I started to use manual or spot mode when exposure is below
1/60s.

All OM4Ti owner here can try the following procedure to see if you have the
same problem or not.

Load your 4Ti with a piece of film, focus on a blank wall, adjust the
aperture to let the exposure fall to below 1/60s. Set the memory on, note
the reading on shutter speed. Fire the camera and check the memorized
reading again. I think you will see around 1/3 to 1 stop different.

C.H.Ling