[OM] Romney Repair manuals

Subject: [OM] Romney Repair manuals
From: Kerry Dressler <bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 09:19:38 -0400

> Several folks have written me about the repair manuals I listed in my
Olympus
> items for sale.  I thought the following information might be of use to all
> of you.

I bought the 3 manuals, OM-1 MD, OM-1 and OM-2 about 1979.  The OM-2 manual
has
213 pages , soft cover, and is excellent for repair or just poking through
your
camera the OM-1 book is about 180 pages.  It has exploded views of every part
of the cameras, troubleshooting guides, and all sorts of tricks and hints.
When I looked for a price for the books, I did a search on the Internet and
came up with a large number of sites referring to the fellow who wrote
them, Ed
Romney.  I didn't really know how well known and regarded he is.  He has his
own site at:   <http://www.edromney.com/>http://www.edromney.com   but I
couldn't get the server to answer when I tried it.

I finally got in, and he has a very interesting site.  He no longer sells the
individual books for the OM series (sorry!) but he has a general book that
might be of interest to all, that included the OMs and costs about $19.
Another page on the site:
<http://www.edromney.com/links.html>http://www.edromney.com/links.html  has a
list of some of his hints, included a formula for removing fungus from
lenses..
and cleaning lenses.  He also has his list of best made cameras and of course,
OMs are just about at the top!

He also sells all sorts of tools for working on cameras, but doesn't repair
them himself anymore.

Kerry

        Kerry Dressler                        Email:  bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Bio-Photo Services, Inc.                http://www.bio-photo.com
        21305 NW 86th Ave                       TEL:   (352)466-4215
        Micanopy, FL 32667             FAX:  (352)466-3151