Re: [OM] 80 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] 80 macro
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:49:58 EDT
Hi all:

I should have triple checked my text.  I wrote:

< the 80 mm Zuiko performs better at infinity than a 90 mm macro that focus to
infinity, but goes to 1:1 with adapter >

That should have said:

The 80 mm Zuiko Macro performs better at 1:1 than a 90 mm macro designed to
focus both to infinity as well as to 1:1 (typically by use of a 1:1 adapter).

Sorry for the confusion.  I had thought that C.H. Ling had reported to us the
difference between a 90 mm Vivitar macro and the 80 mm Zuiko, but my memory
seemes to have failed me.

Contrast control in slide copying can be achieved by pre-flashing the special
slide copying films.  That gives a low level fogging exposure to the shadows
in your original slide.  The fog exposure plus slide exposure will help keep
the shadows from blacking out.  The technique is covered in books about slide
copying.  It is akin to fogging at Zone 1 or Zone II in books about the Zone
System.  Slide copies like the Bowens Illumitron (if I recall the name
correctly) have circuitry to pre-flash the emulsion.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV