Re: [OM] / dominant eye TEST

Subject: Re: [OM] / dominant eye TEST
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:03:27 -0500
At 01:35 AM 6/25/1998 +0200, you wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> There is a very simple test you can do to determine which eye is dominant
>> 1.  With both eyes open, point your index finger at an object (door knob,
>> etc.) a few feet away.
>> 2.  Close your left eye.  If you are still pointing at the object, then you
>> are right eye dominant.
>> If your finger moves, try the same test closing your right eye, to be
certain.
>> BW
>
>I am eye-right dominant, it´s great. But when I use my camera I always
>focus with my left-eye.

Dave,

Me too, sort of. I have N*k*n cameras with the offending advance levers,
but because I've always had diopters for them, I've always used my right
(dominant) eye. But with my diopterless OM-1 for years I used my left eye
simply because it's 20/20. Now that I have diopters for my Oly's, I'm
right-eyed for all camera selection contingencies.

For me dominance is not the factor;  I like to SEE.

Joel