Re: [OM] / dominant eye TEST

Subject: Re: [OM] / dominant eye TEST
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:04:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/98 1:25:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lindertv@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< I asked my ophthalmologist (who also is a friend - so no bills are
 resulting from this consultation) and he told me that over 900f all
 people have a so called 'leading' eye.

 It means that almost everyone uses one (dominant) eye mainly for
 vision, and the other eye only helps in seeing depth, etcetera. This
 is all done completely automatically - until the moment where you have
 to choose, i.e. in 'monocular' situations.

 As it happens the left eye is the dominant one just as often as the
 right eye, so there must be just as many left-eye shooters as
 right-eye shooters.
 Left handed people are a minority (at least in Europe and the US)
 which is being taken good care of by scissor designers, knife
 builders, etcetera, etcetera.
 It is very strange that camera designers take no account of the
 left-eye shooters - being 50 percent of all photographers in the
 world....
 Frank van Lindert
 Utrecht NL.   >>

Hi All,
There is a very simple test you can do to determine which eye is dominant
1.  With both eyes open, point your index finger at an object (door knob,
etc.) a few feet away.
2.  Close your left eye.  If you are still pointing at the object, then you
are right eye dominant.
If your finger moves, try the same test closing your right eye, to be certain.
BW