Re: [OM] Olympus Petition

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Petition
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 00:00:24 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-22 11:43:54 EDT, you [Paul Farrar] write:

<<
 The older 80mm will focus at infinity with about 35mm of extension, which
 eliminates the auto tube. The newer one with the tube sticking out the
 back may not.

I just found a new portrait lens--the newer 80macro on a generic 31mm auto
extension tube!!  The long tube sticking out the back of the macro doesn't
interfere although it does with my (also genereic) 21mm extension tube. It has
a focusing range from about 8 feet to 1.5 feet.  Although optimized for 1:1,
it shouldn't hurt portraits too much to be out of its prime range.

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx