Re: [OM] 280 Flash Meltdown &Newbie on the list

Subject: Re: [OM] 280 Flash Meltdown &Newbie on the list
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 01:25:25 EDT
Hi Kerry:

I'll echo George with a "welcome to the list."  I'm sure that you will see
from my Oly Gallery bio ( http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/ ) that we have lots of
career parallels, as does Hank Hogan.  I even lived a few years ago just down
the road from you in another former Seminole encampment: Okahumpka.

By all means send me your list - offline.  Or go ahead and post it here for
everyone to ponder.

I've written here (probably around March '98) about humidity problems with the
OM-2 (orginal model).  I was a Missouri-based field biologist at the time and
the OM-2/310 Quick Flash circuitry was repeatedly shorting out (within the
camera) on me.  Olympus America finally declare my camera body a lemon and
sent me an OM-2n which then worked.  The problem often arose in 1000midity
mornings in wetlands.  Glad to know I wasn't alone with problems.

Who told you that OM's aren't being manufactured anymore?  As you know know,
that is bunk.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV