[OM] Re: [OT] Photoshop 5

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Photoshop 5
From: Jim Loudon <jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:01:25 -0400
Someone asked:

>Has anyone got their Photoshop 5 upgrade? It is S-L-O-W...
>
>Much slower than 4.0. I've installed it on a 200MMX w/ 64mb RAM. What about
>you Mac guys?

There was a similar question posted on another list...try this URL to
view the discussion:

http://listserv.infohouse.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind9805&L=photodigital&P=17485

The discussion on the other list was started by a Mac user, btw, who thought
PS5 was running _way_ too slow on his machine.  The issue there seemed to
revolve around changes Adobe made to the way Photoshop deals with color
space (don't ask what that means, I'm just repeating what was said :-) )
The conversion routines in PS5 are apparently quite time-consuming, even
on high-horsepower systems...I don't know how/if this relates to the
specific observations previously posted here.

To Shawn:  nope, haven't heard from any NT PS5 users yet.

Oly content:  nil (sorry)

jim