[OM] Japan visit

Subject: [OM] Japan visit
From: Peter Leyssens <Peter.Leyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:04:45 +0200
Hi,

I just came back from my visit to Japan.  Even though I was there on
business, I managed to do 2 days of sightseeing on important places of
ancient Japan, as well as one day in modern Tokyo.  I'm very impressed.
Japan is a very beautiful country.  Also, Tokyo is an impressive city
(certainly for me, because here in Belgium, the largest city is some 700
000 inhabitants :-) )

As I planned, I bought a 2-13 screen.  What a price !  Wonderful !  Here
in Belgium it costs BEF 2600 (say, $70).  Over there, in a discount
shop, it was about 2250 yen (about $16), tax included.  I was also
staring happily at an OM-3Ti on display.  Here it is, body only, some
$2300, while there you get it with a 50mm/f1.2 for some $1400.  I'm
happy I didn't buy it, though, firstly because it's a lot of money
anyway but secondly because in Schiphol Airport they asked me to show
the OM-3 I already own because they suspected me of not wanting to
declare a newly bought camera !  Fortunately, the body looked battered
enough.  I may just want to smuggle in a second-hand body next time :-)

Japan is a country that I'm certainly planning to visit again !

--
Peter Leyssens
Eonic Systems

Personal e-mail : Peter.Leyssens@xxxxxxxxx