Re: FW: [OM] Exclusively Oly

Subject: Re: FW: [OM] Exclusively Oly
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:03:00 -0600
At 12:37 AM 6/11/98 +0000, you wrote:

>I don't have much experience with medium format but in terms of
>colour print film, Fuji Reala (100asa) is the best I have come
>across.  Very fine grain and superb colour rendition.  It is the
>closest to slide film I have yet encountered in a print film.
>
>Giles

Gotta second your opinion, Giles.  First roll of Reala I shot, when I got it
back from the lab, nearly flipped me out.  As I've said in other contexts,
"Colours that reach out and *spank* you!"  :-)  My wife immediately saw the
difference, too -- it was family shots of her grandmother's house on the beach
in Tsawassen, just south of Vancouver, Canada (by the ferry terminal to
Victoria).  Her instant reaction was "*Those* are the colours I remember but
never got from any other picture!"  I still shoot other films occasionally, but
Reala's become my odds-on favourite.

Garth