Re: [OM] Weddings, the saga continues...

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings, the saga continues...
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:05:44 -0500
>You are probably right about what one makes--$20-$30 an hour, unless you
>are at the top of your profession. Less equipment! I used to make more than
>that setting up computer systems for little old ladies <g>. I suspect you
>do it as a challange more than for the money.

After Saturday's wedding I'm reassessing the stress/compensation
calculations.  I know that I won't knowingly agree to another one like this
one.  If it was just the challenge, I'd stick with photographing extreme
sports.  No thanks, I'll take the money.

>The good thing about wedding photography is that usually the customers are
>not sophisticated consumers of photography, which, as long as you don't
>blow the shots entirely, covers a multitude of sins.

Just don't agree to do a wedding for a photographer!

Brings up an interesting story from this weekend.  We were in the midst of
the formals and my wife was helping me with getting the bride's gown right,
when the bride said "I don't care how the dress looks just take the
picture."  Fortunately her sister (maid of honor) said "you will when you
get the pictures back."

See what you have to put up with sometimes?

Ken N.