Re: [OM] Weddings, the saga continues...

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings, the saga continues...
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:53:07 -0400
Thanks for your detailed assessment of the economics (or lack thereof) of
wedding photography.

You are probably right about what one makes--$20-$30 an hour, unless you
are at the top of your profession. Less equipment! I used to make more than
that setting up computer systems for little old ladies <g>. I suspect you
do it as a challange more than for the money.

I did a few a while ago. Last wedding I shot I did entirely with an RZ67,
winder, two backs, and a Sunpack 611.

The good thing about wedding photography is that usually the customers are
not sophisticated consumers of photography, which, as long as you don't
blow the shots entirely, covers a multitude of sins.