[OM] Olympus battery holder

Subject: [OM] Olympus battery holder
From: vonstahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 19:10:07 +0100
Hi all,

Some time ago I acquired, amongst others, a Olympus OM system chart. It
looks like a usual small Olympus instruction book but it is possible to fold
it out and then one gets an oversight of what Olympus have to offer in terms
of photographic items. On the rear the following info is printed: Printed in
Japan OM4SC . 1084 . 20MS

Well, in this system chart I found a small item called "3V Battery Holder 1"
and it looks as if it could be such an item which is screwed into the camera
replacing the camera batteries and out comes a cord, which at the other end
does have a holder for the batteries. In other words I assume that by using
this item one could have the camera batteries in ones warm pocket during
wintertime instead of in the cold camera.

I have never ever seen this item mentioned anywhere. Is it still available?
Any comments regarding whether this item works well? Perhaps even anyone
have one for sale? I would be most interested...

Boris von Stahl
Stockholm, Sweden