Re: [OM] Olympus battery holder

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus battery holder
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 21:37:14 +0200
vonstahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some time ago I acquired, amongst others, a Olympus OM system chart. It
> looks like a usual small Olympus instruction book but it is possible to fold
> it out and then one gets an oversight of what Olympus have to offer in terms
> of photographic items. On the rear the following info is printed: Printed in
> Japan OM4SC . 1084 . 20MS
>
> Well, in this system chart I found a small item called "3V Battery Holder 1"
> and it looks as if it could be such an item which is screwed into the camera
> replacing the camera batteries and out comes a cord, which at the other end
> does have a holder for the batteries. In other words I assume that by using
> this item one could have the camera batteries in ones warm pocket during
> wintertime instead of in the cold camera.
>
> I have never ever seen this item mentioned anywhere. Is it still available?
> Any comments regarding whether this item works well? Perhaps even anyone
> have one for sale? I would be most interested...
>
> Boris von Stahl
> Stockholm, Sweden

Hi Boris,

I think it is still available. It is listed in the February 1998 price list
from Olympus in Denmark. The price is, as usual, more than trivial: 1120 DKK,
approximately US$160, including the 25ales tax.

As David says, it is only fits OM-2(n).

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"