Re: [OM] Backlight flare

Subject: Re: [OM] Backlight flare
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 21:20:43 +0200
Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Soenke,
>
> Interesting to compare notes on the 75-150. I've taken sunset shots with
> this lens -- several with the sun in the shot and at oblique angles (i.e.,
> far right of the frame, several degrees above the horizon yet) -- with no
> hint of flare.  Mine could be MC (no letter next to "Zuiko"), but I always
> thought this lens somewhat a remarkable performer.
>
> Joel

I have been a happy user of the 75-150mm zoom for many years, but I
must say that mine is very prone to flare and reflections. Flare is
the main reason I have supplemented it with a set of fixed focal lengths
in the same focal length range.
I bought it new in 1979. I doubt it is MC, but the only indication is the
lack of colour in the refections. This lens really needs MC; it contains
an awful lot of glass (15 elements in 11 groups).

I find that the 24mm is very fine in the MC version, also in backlight.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"