Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 Solid Cat Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 Solid Cat Lens
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:20:54 EDT
Hi Gary:

> Do you mean you saw one such lens selling at that price? Or, do you
>  actually have access to better market statistics than Mike McBroom?

Yes on both counts.  McKeown's and McBroom's guides are benchmarks.  To get
turnover in stock, dealers have to know the market.  Those guides don't tell
you the current market in one's sales region.  Heck, in the age of the
Internet I would go so far as saying those guides are obsolete as a concept.
There are too many small volume dealers for the authors to track.  That is
where the bargains are!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV