Re: [OM] Your Basic FStop

Subject: Re: [OM] Your Basic FStop
From: gknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gareth Knight)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 13:28:08 GMT
Hi,

If f8, is really f7.7, this makes quite a difference to me.  I have a
nice Sekonic light meter, which returns its readings in whole f stops
plus a decimal increment.  For instance, it might display 1/125 and
f8.7.  If I'm using slide film, which has such a small margin of error
anyway, I would like to know that, in this instance I can safely set
the lens to f8 (since it is actually f7.7) rather than round up to
f11.  In this case, rounding up to f11 might have produced
underexposure outside the slide film latitude.

Could someone produce a true f-stop table ?

Gareth.