Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:49:06 -0500
>My apoligies if this has been addressed before. Anyone use or have used, or
>have any preferences or thoughts on the Bogen 3001 tripod (Manfrotto 190)
as
>compared to the Bogen 3021 tripod (Manfrotto 055C)?

3001 is a smaller version of the 3021.  If you are doing studio work or
operating out of your trunk the 3021 is much preferred, but it weighs a lot.
If you are tall, like me, you will find that the 3001 is too short if you
need to get all the way up.  I do carry my 3001 with ball head with me
almost everywhere I travel.  It carries well and fits in the overhead bin on
airplanes with no problems.  It's starting to show signs of abuse, but it
keeps on working.  The 3021 is more of a bear to carry on airlines.

The 3001 can be easily modified to go all the way to ground level which is
great for flower work.  The 3021 has better leg quick-release levers wheras
my 3001 has twist till tight knobs.

If I could only have one of them I'd choose the 3001 because it lends itself
more to the outdoors.  But if I did mostly assignment work (studio,
commercial), I'd pick the 3021.

Ken N.