Re: [OM] Winders....

Subject: Re: [OM] Winders....
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:25:51 -0500
At 12:59 PM 5/22/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Group,
>
>I have recently bought a winder for my OM-10, which, I absolutely
>LOVE.  However, there is one very annoying feature, I get through about
>1 roll of film and have to change out the batteries.  So, I tried plan B, I
>
>started storing the batteries outside and putting them in only when I am
>ready to use the winder.  I don't know if this has solved the problem or
>not
>yet.  I had a couple questions:
>
>        1) Does anyone else have this problem?
>        2) Does the OM-3's and 4's have a winder built in or do you
>        need to buy one separate?
>        3) Which winder is the best?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kris

Kris,

I suspect you have a bum winder. I've bought two Winder 1's in the last
year and have yet to change batteries in either.

In the meantime, your plan of removing the batteries certainly makes sense.

I think the winders work across the entire OM line, with a few exceptions:
the really early OM-1s for example.  The new OM-2000 does not take a winder
either. (However, some of us don't really consider it a true OM, although
you *can* mount a Zuiko on it, and I guess that's better than nothing.)
Others are more familiar with the OM-3s and 4s than I, so I'll defer to them.

Winder 2 can do continuous fire; Winder 1 can only do one at a time.
That's why I think Winder 1 is best ;-)

Joel