Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:01:48 -0700
Hank Hogan wrote:

>If you get one of these great tripods by all means protect your
>investment by getting the Bogen tripod carrying sack.  It is a blue
>cordura nylon padded bag that will protect both your tripod and yourself
>I put the Bogen 3265 quick release ball & socket grip on the 3001
>tripod and the combination still fits in the carrying sack (barely)!

Both yourself and a couple of others have suggested the 3001 over the 3021.
Since I plan on using it as a field tripod rather than studio, I believe I'm
going that way. A bit more thought, maybe. I had a 3021 many years ago and
thought it was great, but the bones are a bit older now. You know, the mind is
willing but the flesh is weak. :-) I was thinking of getting the Bogen strap
instead of the bag. Do you find the bag a nuisance to carry and access? How do
you like the ball head? I've only used pan heads up to this point. But I notice
that even John Shaw (my hero for landscapes and nature shots) has switched to a
ball head. Something he abhorred ten years ago.

Regards,
John Austin
Oakland, CA