[OM] Macro Reversing

Subject: [OM] Macro Reversing
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 May 98 10:39:02 +1000
Hello All Olypus Macro shooters.

Has anyone done much work with using a reversing ring to produce a macro
lens out of two zuikos.   A while ago I did some photos using sticky tape to
join the lenses together.   Worked quite well however I ran into a couple of
problems

        Depending on the lense combination used I got a lot of vignetting

        The depth of field obtained was too small.

I did find that of the photos that did work correctly I got a much better
results than using the Hoya close up filter/lenses I have.

I have the following lenses and would like to know which successful lense
combinations and f/stops have you been able to use to avoid vignetting and
obtain a reasonable depth of field.

28 f2.8
35 f2.8
50 f1.8
100 f2.8
135 f2.8
200 f4
400 f5.6

p.s  I just bought a second hand reversing ring for $5 AUD.  It allows a
49mm filter to be backed onto a 55mm filter.....

Stuart Goggin