Re: [OM] OM-4T Multi-Spot Metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T Multi-Spot Metering
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:31:21 -0700
Foxy;

Here's the way it works on the 4, it's pretty slick:  When u first power up,
the bar graph moves in real time, indicating the appropriate shutter speed in
CENTER-WEIGHTED mode. Now, if you press the spot button, you'll store a (spot)
reading at that spot (may not be the same as the center-weighted reading) and
then the bar graph AND a little diamond will indicate the shutter speed.  Both
these indicators are now fixed but another little diamond now appears which
moves in real time indicating the SPOT reading for where you're pointing the
central spot now. If you press the spot button again, that second diamond
becomes fixed at that spot AND the bar graph moves to a point between the 2
diamonds and equidistant from each.  This bar graph now indicates what shutter
speed will be used for the subsequent exposure, ie the average of the 2 spots.
In adddition, a third 'real-time' diamond has appeared and the process can be
repeated up to eight readings.

Hope this helps.

george

PS. Put another way: It's always in 'real-time' mode, center-weighted with the
bar graph until you press the spot button, spot mode thereafter with the moving
diamond.