Re: [OM] Perfect bag for OM equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect bag for OM equipment
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 21:39:33 +0200
Lars Bergquist wrote:

> I have two Billinghams. They are very good and very rainproof (a rubber
> membrane is laminated between two layers of canvas) but HEAVY.

Ranproof is a relativ thing and the impermability of the fabric is one
and the proofness of the whole composition another thing.
I have an Tamrac bag, which is as good manufactured as any other brand
camera bag. The company claims, that it is rainproof to, but once, in a
tropical rainstorm in Borneo, the whole camerabag got wet outside and
inside, the water was pressing through the seams. An umbrella, I had,
was not much useful, it was raining like hell (if it rains in hell) I
got completly wet.
Luckily I found an shelter within an quarter of an hour, because
otherwise I would have to fear for my equipment.
The inner lining of the bag worked like a wick and the water was
collecting on the bottom, so the Zuikos got no direct water contact
because they were standing on there sun (rain) shades. Thinking on the
flash is still thrilling.