Re: [OM] Perfect bag for OM equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect bag for OM equipment
From: Lars Bergquist <timberwolf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 17:44:35 +0000
>Several professional photographers I know swear by Bellingham.  They're not
>cheap but the quality can't be bettered.  They have a web site somewhere, tho'
>I can't recall the address.

I have two Billinghams. They are very good and very rainproof (a rubber
membrane is laminated between two layers of canvas) but HEAVY. I do
not use them much anymore. In my home terrain, I prefer a light body-and-
one-lens bag, perhaps with a macro lens in a pocket somewhere. When
backpacking, I keep camera gear in the top of the pack, where it is well
protected from rain and tumbles. Olympus cameras are light -- enjoy that
instead of loading yourself with more gear!

No camera bag is dustproof. In places like sandy deserts and African
savannas, where dust and the vibrations of all-terrain vehicles are the
great enemies of cameras, the best option is an aluminum box with a dust-
and wetproof gasket and a soft foam interior.

Vänliga hälsningar/Best regards
Lars Bergquist
Välkommen till/Welcome to ...
<http://www.bahnhof.se/~timberwolf/>