Re: [OM] 35mm f/2.8 and others for sale (was Which OM35-70?)

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm f/2.8 and others for sale (was Which OM35-70?)
From: John Gardner <vu49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:27:01 +0100
John Gardner wrote:

Snip snip snip....

> To me the prime 35mm beats a 35-whatever zoom hands down because of its *much*
> closer focusing abilities. Anyway, anyone want a 35mm f/2.8 going cheap? Its
> as
> good as an f/2 version,
> just not as bright or as big.

When I tagged this onto the end of my ramblings I didn't realise how much
interest
it would generate so I had better go home tonight, look at it and assess its
condition and work out a price. I'd say from memory its average condition, with
metal hood, both caps and a case. I also have a 28mm f/2.8, an 85-250mm f/5 and
possibly a 180mm f/2.8 (I may replace this with a 200mm just because its
smaller)
for sale. I also have an OM2S (with box) which I'd let go cheap too, but again I
need to check its still in working order etc. I'll get all the stuff out of my
OM
coffers possibly tonight (though I'm lecturing on British Bats at York
University so
time will be tight) and let you all know what nick its in. Will swap the lot
for a
24mm shift :-)

BTW I'm not bailing out, just looking to swell the 18mm f/3.5 slush fund.

Regards

John.