Re: [OM] OM-2S Problem: Can You Help Me?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Problem: Can You Help Me?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 14:57:07 -0500
At 12:50 PM 4/25/1998 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]
Hi Doug,

Would it be "bottom" if the trouble were on the rear of the lens itself?  On
this particular lens (35-70 f3.5-4.5) I have what I believe is a bit of
fungus on the rear element in a half-moon ring towards what would be the
bottom edge of the element.  Since this had not seemed to be a problem in
the past, I didn't worry about it. Do you suppose that some strange
combination of lens fungus and polarizer causes a weird flare of this kind?
(I may have to try John H's Pond's Cold Cream remedy after all.)

If anybody else is still interested, the site is

        http://www.uiowa.edu/~uaactr/polterimage.htm

Thanks,

Joel