Re: [OM] OM-2S Problem: Can You Help Me?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Problem: Can You Help Me?
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:34:40 +0100
At 7:41 am -0700 25/4/98, Andre  Goforth wrote:

>I recently purchased an OM 2s (with program? ... is there a difference?)
>and am concerned by the chatter of the shutter & mirror. It is far noiser
>than a OM1N or 4T. How does your 2S sound in comparison with other OMs?

That "chatter" is the sound of mechanical perfection - the sexiest shutter
noise of any camera I have ever heard.

List veterans will now be concerned that a half page of text will be
repeated from my previous postings on this subject, comparing the noise to
that from a  DOHC Ducati bevel cam drive (stick it on the stand, lie on the
tank and put the top of your boots over the exhausts and listen.

If you or a friend haven't got a Ducati DOHC, it's worth buying one just
for the experience - then sling your OM2S around your neck and head out on
the highway.  You may need an MC 50mm f1.8 just to round things off
nicely.......

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com