[OM] Fireworks

Subject: [OM] Fireworks
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 22:35:08 +1000
Tonight I photographed fireworks for basically the first time. I used the
2SP with a 28mm f3.5. The body had 400 Sensia in it.

Basically, I used the camera on auto, and dialled in underexposure between 0
to 1 2/3 stops (depending upon the blackness). I dialed in in overexposure
when there was heaps of light and smoke. I had to use the wide angle, as
here we are only 30 to 50 meters from the fireworks. You have to dodge the
little bits coming down.

So I trusted the auto mode, as it is smarter than me. (But usually, I use
only manual body).

The question I ask is "Has anyone else had experience at a similar event?".
Did I do right?

Foxy