Re: [OM] OM4 mechanical shutter 'bug'?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 mechanical shutter 'bug'?
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:59:45 -0500
I'll do my best.  The mechanical settings on the 2S, 4, 4T, 4Ti have the
following
operational peculiarities:  With dead or no batteries in the camera, and a
motor /
winder attatched, the shutter does NOT open at either of the mechanical speeds.
Firing the shutter by way of the motor or winder button sends both curtains
across
at the same time giving NO exposure.
Also, since the flash sync circuit is active and controlled by the IC, there is
no
X sync at the mechanical speeds with dead or no batteries.  X sync fires on
mechanical 60 if there are good batteries  in the camera.

John
Camtech
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/olympustech1997