Re: [OM] OM4 mechanical shutter 'bug'?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 mechanical shutter 'bug'?
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 08:19:16 -0800
Fellow Olympians --

I don't think the film advance with closed shutter on the Red 60
setting is a "bug".  It might be part of the design of Olympus for the
rapid advance of film without exposure.

After I discovered this "trait" I began using it to advance past
previously exposed frames.  I would mark the leader of films that were
removed with a felt tipped pen when I wanted to change film
types.

I never found anything about it in any of the Olympus Literature
but my motor drive was purchased used and without a manual.

Does anyone on the list have a motor/winder booklet that tells about
this "trait"?

--
Hank Hogan --

BTW,  I'm looking for a job as a biological science research
    technician.  If you know of anyone who might need a technician
    with my skills (see resume on my home page) please let me know.
--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer