Re: [OM] Crash/smash/crunch...wah!

Subject: Re: [OM] Crash/smash/crunch...wah!
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:34:48 -0500
Sorry to hear the accidents involving your OM equipment and your laptop, Ken.

On my trip to Japan, I took my OM2000 with its 35-70mm zoom and the other
zoom 70-210mm as well as my M 50mm/1.8 and my laptop, CTX EzBook 750MT.  I
found an EMS backpack which is made to take a laptop in its inner
compartment padded with a thick foam. The center compartment was thick
enough for me to put my OM equipment plus an Altec Lansing Laptop speaker
unit.  I put my toiletry bag in the outermost compartment.  The whole thing
fits under a seat.  I purchased the backpack two days before the trip and
it comes with a shoulder strap which I left behind when I left here for
Japan.

Except for one roll of film, I did not take any film with me because I know
I can purchase Fuji film in Japan.  I used my laptop more than my camera
during my stay at my parents' house.  I did go on an overnight trip with my
sister, on which I used my backpack with my OM equipment and with clothes
replacing my laptop.  We stayed at a Japanese pension.  The Japanese call
these accommodations pension, but unlike the European counterpart I am
familiar with, they normally serve two meals.  The one we stayed at charges
8500yen/night per person.  The food was superb and we were his only guests.
 The pension owner's wife works during the week and comes to the pension
only during the weekends.  This situation was so because it is off-season
and during the week very few guests would come.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-