Re: [OM] Is it worth it??

Subject: Re: [OM] Is it worth it??
From: "Doug Nowlin" <wa5ohb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:32:31 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, March 16, 1998 3:51 PM

>Paul Haigney wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Lars
>> Got any idea how much a repair manual costs, is it true you need both the
OM1 and
>> OM2 versions.
>> Rgds Paul Haigney
>>
>> Lars Haven wrote:
>>

>> > At 20 quid, I agree with Kennedy that it can be quite interesting to
>> > try to repair it yourself, provided you have a reasonable combination
>> > mechanical talent, suitable tools and a service manual. I can not help
>> > with talent, but service manuals can be bought from Ed Romney. Try
>> > http://www.edromney.com/ or http://pweb.tics.net/romney/tool.htm
>> > It make things so much easier, when you know how to take things apart
>> > correctly. You will need to buy or make a few special tools just to get
>> > the top cover off, so expect to use some time just to get inside.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Lars

You can also get these manuals and many other on fiche from Infotech in
Colorado. They usually have an ad in Shutterbug. A little hunting will
usually produce a fiche reader for next to nothing. The worst part on these
cameras is the wind lever cap. It is easy to remove, but not easy to remove
without damage. OTW, they are one of the easiest tops to remove.

Doug