[OM] Opinion on the OM-1 Mk11??

Subject: [OM] Opinion on the OM-1 Mk11??
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 23:48:44 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Not listed below or the video review is 14 bit raw for high-res shots. The
buffer clears very quickly.  The grad ND feature is very cool.  I am not sure
the changes justify a whole new cam.  Some changes needed more memory, but many
may be a firmware update away that probably won't happen now.  Nothing came out
and bit me so that I had to immediately upgrade. OM-1 Mark II, worth the
upgrade? - RED35 Preview (youtube.com)

The new OM System OM1 Mk II feels quite similar. The biggest new changes are:

   - Moving the menu button to the right side
   - Rubberized dials
   - A new graduated ND filter that’s simulated in the computational
photography settings: which is probably the most innovative thing here since
graduated NDs have big problems with mirrorless cameras and their ease of use.
   - Better locking on abilities
   - Human AF detection
   - Improved autofocus
   - 8.5 stops of image stabilization
   - Better blackout free sequential shooting

A tough sell, Mike