[OM] Update **4 on Extender speed issue

Subject: [OM] Update **4 on Extender speed issue
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 23:29:42 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Well, had 30 min prior to a zoom conference and in a super rush did a speed
test with Fruit company TV app before any machinations, installed a 3 way
splitter for the coax, hooked up the extender via coax as before, FIOS TV box,
and the MoCA adapter.  I then disconnected the gigabit ethernet switch from the
extender and plugged it into the MoCA adapter.  As expected as soon as the
switch was out of the extender the wifi speed were fine.  Nothing requiring
internet access from the switch box worked but I rebooted everything using the
dedicated breaker in our panel.  I had to reboot the vera controller again but
then everything worked and was adequately speedy!  I re-ran a speed test using
the apple TV speed app--see below.  The picture quality is again great.  I
think the throttled 10MBS bandwidth is no way can do 4K and the TV just
up-res-ed a crummy signal.  It seems the extender doesn't mind gigabit devices
but will not play with 10/100 devices.  Verizon could say something!
Appreciate all the help!!!--would have taken much longer.

In my haste I left the old splitter screwed in the cabinet.  I installed a
power supply on a 12Vtrigger in a hasty fashion as well and my previously nice,
organized shelf is a morass of wires.   The electrons don't seem to care, and
I'll keep the door closed.

IMG_3881 (zone-10.com)

 IMG_3882 (zone-10.com)

Bye bye Pokey Parkway, Mike