Re: [OM] Frog's New Companion, (and more Bubbles)

Subject: Re: [OM] Frog's New Companion, (and more Bubbles)
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 07:08:14 -0700
At 4/27/2023 12:34 PM, Moose wrote:
>Frog's ceramic companion is being roped into it's intended use. However, after
>a too long sojourn in our living room, another ceramic creation has finally
>made it outdoors, where it belongs.
><http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous&image=_DSC0537cor.jpg>
>
>Can't say I'm wild about the Vivitar 35-85/2,8 bokeh @ 50mm and these
>distances, though.

I agree that this bubbly bokey is not all that great either, a bit harsh. It is
a fine line where it all comes together, focal length, aperture,
background/foreground distances - and you either get bokeh or bokey.

>Finally got around to finding a way to illuminate this thing.
><http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous&image=_DSC0534cr.jpg>
>Solar fairy lights!
>
>Love the bokeh @ 85 mm
>
>Messing Around Moose

Not my photos, but looking at Dhina A -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/photovibes/albums/72157712631053412
Her 35-85 lens shots are some better photos I've seen with this lens, but even
still they don't strike me as all that great either.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nikjanssen/52852634102/in/feed-91821-1682668414-3-72157721667797495
 pastels by Nik Janssen - A recent flickr photo, for example, I find the bokeh
effect interesting, with a more painterly quality.

bokey - WayneS