[OM] OM-1--trial of live ND filter with simulation in Bay of Fundy

Subject: [OM] OM-1--trial of live ND filter with simulation in Bay of Fundy
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 18:20:51 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
The trails were icy and the access road closed.  Hiked a mile up to trail head
to Dickson Falls only to find required poles at least to stay upright due to
the steep slopes and ice.  We did not wish to lug our big 'pod and the Sonnie
so wanted to try the digital ND filter and enabled live simulation, but we made
a second attempt a day later with poles.  I also brought a pol with step up
ring and used them.  Hand holding for up to a sec with sync IS was a piece of
cake.  I liked the 0.25-0.33 sec exposures best though.  I am not sure if the
ND can be combined with focus bracket mode but stopped down and used Topaz to
ameliorate the diffraction degradation.  Other paths to other falls close by
were not passable with the very steep slopes and ice unless had ice cleats.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Bay-of-Fundy-2023/i-spnDWp7/A

Not washed away by the tides, Mike