Re: [OM] IMG: Aarhus

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Aarhus
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:18:53 -0800
On 2/22/2023 12:51 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
After my 3 days in Stockholm last week, I spent one night in Copenhagen, and
then the weekend in my hometown Aarhus, visiting my friend Lars. I have lived
in many different countries since I left Aarhus in 1983, but it remains, and
will always remain, my home.

We went to see great art at the AROS art museum, especially works by Danish artist
Franciska Clausen, part of the interwar scene in Germany, and more modern stuff by
Japanese artist Chiharu Shiota, and Tapestries by Cindy Sherman. I am not generally a
fan of Sherman’s photography, but to see it reproduced as tapestry by Belgian
masters was quite a revelation.

Besides the art, there are also a few pics of my city, and a glorious serving of
smørrebrød, the classical Danish open-face sandwich, expertly prepared by Lars.
It’s all here:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Aarhus-February-2023/

Nice visit. I enjoyed the paintings, such an interesting range from one painter. One favorite is the girl selecting ice cream, although I'd have cropped it.

Winner for me is "In the Latin Quarter". Fortuitous action and inside lighting
right out of the Dutch Masters are wonderful!

De Lighted Moose