[OM] IMG: Aarhus

Subject: [OM] IMG: Aarhus
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 21:51:30 +0100
After my 3 days in Stockholm last week, I spent one night in Copenhagen, and
then the weekend in my hometown Aarhus, visiting my friend Lars. I have lived
in many different countries since I left Aarhus in 1983, but it remains, and
will always remain, my home.

We went to see great art at the AROS art museum, especially works by Danish
artist Franciska Clausen, part of the interwar scene in Germany, and more
modern stuff by Japanese artist Chiharu Shiota, and Tapestries by Cindy
Sherman. I am not generally a fan of Sherman’s photography, but to see it
reproduced as tapestry by Belgian masters was quite a revelation.

Besides the art, there are also a few pics of my city, and a glorious serving
of smørrebrød, the classical Danish open-face sandwich, expertly prepared by
Lars. It’s all here:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Aarhus-February-2023/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman