Re: [OM] New York Pastiche

Subject: Re: [OM] New York Pastiche
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 13:12:08 -0800
On 11/14/2022 7:20 PM, DZDub wrote:
On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 4:23 AM Moose<olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

This may get organized, some day. In the meantime, for your delectation,
random things that caught my eye in NY in
September. <
http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2022/New%20York
The small thumbnails don't do many of them justice. Click the sides of the
photos to move forward and back.
Nice collection.

Thanks!

I especially enjoyed the sculptures

Ah, I see there is one that really should be there missing, and other candidates. The angel pointing up is atop a grave in huge, beautiful Greenwood Cemetery. A common trope, angel pointing to Heaven, but almost all the pointing fingers have weathered or broken off, so there are all these angels apparently shaking their fists at Heaven. 😁 The dancers are in the columbarium there. It took lots of post to make them stand out, but I think it looks pretty natural.

and the dragonfly.

The light in the eyes makes it, I think.

Dragonfly tip, many of them return to the same place, in the same pose, over and over again. They are "hawking" tiny insects, and have chosen a good vantage point. (Hummingbirds and some raptors do the same.) So prefocusing on the spot just left and waiting a few moments will often result in a good shot.

Other time, species situations, they just don't stop.

Flying Dragon Moose