Re: [OM] Knock, knock

Subject: Re: [OM] Knock, knock
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 02:08:52 -0800
<<I'm interested to see what you got, and what you think of it.

I just did a quick play and  not much time to use the pin hole on a pod. The
pin hole looks very well made and your test of it was sufficient.  The swirl in
the Lensbaby Trio does work well but limited choices.  The King of flexibility
of the Swirl Bokeh is the Lomo.  I had one in my cart but other things
intervened.  Rather a specialized tool but very flexible controls with no fixed
aperture.

https://shop.lomography.com/us/new-petzval-55-f-1-7-mkii-black-brass-art-lens-sony-e

I am not sure of that. as long as i don't want "Special Waterhouse Aperture Plates: heart, star, snowflake, sun", I wonder whether and in what way it may be better swirler than the LB Twist 60. They both use conventional diaphragms for regular stops, and the LensBaby has 12 blades, vs 8 for the Lomo.

"*A dual aperture system* lets you choose between 8-blade diaphragm aperture system or the Waterhouse Aperture System – produce rich and patterned backgrounds through the insertion of special shape aperture plates."

Fancier, more expensive, and a lot more hype, for sure, but the proof is in the photos.  A shoot out might be fun, but not at that price. (Also, Out of Stock.)

What happened to the Pro Capture settings so the problem can be avoided?

Don't forget to save Custom Settings when you change something.

Protocol Moose